Description of Service:
The Prism complex is a group of services for students, staff, and faculty.
* Network-accessible home directory for your files.
- Your files may be accessed from all common desktops including Windows, Unix, Linux, and Macintosh with multiple methods of access.
- Your files may be accessed with tools available from the software.oit.gatech.edu site.
- Your files are accessible from campus, home, and computer labs.
- Your files are backed up each night and rotated offsite to maintain data security even in the event of a disaster.
- Your files may be shared with friends and colleagues by setting appropriate permissions on your files.
- Your file access always uses the same GT Account username no matter what method of access or type of workstation you are using or where you are accessing the files from.
- In some labs on campus, Windows machines automatically mount this file space to make backup and recovery easier for your important work. Save your files here and they will be backed up that night.
Web hosting service:
Help on setting up your Prism public web page can be found here
How to Use this Service:
There is more than one way to access your Prism home directory from your personal computer. No matter which method you use, you must have an active GT Account. If you access Prism on a local network drive, as described below, you must use your GT Active Directory password to log in.
Accessing Prism on a local network drive:
Prism now includes a file-sharing protocol (SMB/CIFS) that will let you map a local drive to your Prism home directory from a Windows XP or Mac OS X computer. After you map the drive, you can log in and access the files in your Prism directory as if they were on your personal computer.
Accessing Prism with Secure Copy (scp) or Secure File Transfer Protocol (sftp):
You can access your Prism home directory from any location, on or off (using the VPN ) campus, using a Secure Copy (scp) or Secure File Transfer Protocol (sftp) program.
For Windows and Apple computers, there are free and commercial scp and ssh client programs available such as winSCP and FUGU. For computers with UNIX, Linux, or Mac OS X, there are scp and sftp programs integrated into the operating system.
You can access your Prism home directory with any of these programs by connecting to scp.prism.gatech.edu and logging in with your GT Account username and password.