GT Cellular Research Project
- Please refer to http://rnoc.gatech.edu/drupal/Contact
GT WiFi (LAWN)
- Go to the LAWN homepage at http://lawn.gatech.edu for more information
HOW TO ORDER WIRELESS COMMUNICATION DEVICES/CELLULAR TELEPHONE SERVICE
- In order to acquire a wireless communication device or cellular telephone service to be used primarily for Institute business, an employee must comply with Georgia Tech Procurement Services Policy 14.1 “Wireless Communication Device/Cellular Telephone Service”. (http://www.admin-fin.gatech.edu/business/telecom/140010.html)
- Payments for the wireless communication device or cellular telephone service may be made with a check request or P-card. Account code 773500 must be used for all payments.
- If you need to activate an iPad or other tablet where Georgia Tech will be paying for the monthly data service, please contact the appropriate account representive below to activate the cellular data service. iPads and Tablets should NOT be activated with a Georgia Tech P-Card on iTunes or other app store.
Cellular Service Contacts:
Contact: Jim Allgood 404-431-3585, or email: Jim Allgood <email@example.com>
If you already have an AT&T Premier Account, you can manage your account at https://www.wireless.att.com/business/index.jsp
If you have an existing GT departmental account and need service or support:
For Service Related Inquiries: National Business Services – 800-999-5445
For Equipment Ordering: National Business Ordering – 888-444-4410
For End User Wireless Support:- 866-MOBILITY
For Warranty Replacement- 800-801-1101
For International Customer Support - 916-843-4685
- Employees may receive discounts on personal cellular service by contacting AT&T via http://www.att.com/wireless/georgiatech
MetroPCS: Employees must go to a retail location.
Contact: Robin Reese, 678-414-0841, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee personal service site: http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/dev/wdyw.asp
T-Mobile (Not on State Contract)
Contact: Ron Hammond, 6786228555, or email: email@example.com
Contact: Tiffany Green 404-217-1659, or email: Tiffany.Green2@VerizonWireless.com
For routine technical and service questions for existing GT departmental customers:
Business Support Center: 800.922.02044
Billing questions, plan changes, phone suspensions, please email: GovernmentAccountSupport@Verizonwireless.com
- Employee personal service site: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication.jsp
2. Complete the Wireless Device Authorization Form and keep on file in the department. Form can be found on the Procurement Services forms bank at http://procurement.gatech.edu/purchasing/forms#wireless
3. Notify vendor that you wish to procure a device that will be funded by Georgia Tech. Vendor will complete and activate the order. Contract documents that require signatures must be signed by a Georgia Tech Contracting Officer.
These participating vendors are offering discounts of 10% to 20% for Georgia Tech service and for employee’s personal use contracts.
Right to Monitor Communications and Right to Privacy
Georgia Tech reserves the right to investigate, retrieve and read any communication or data composed, transmitted or received through voice services, online connections and/or stored on its servers and/or property, without further notice to employees, to the maximum extent permissible by law. Express notice to employees stating that there is no right to privacy for any use of Institute telecommunications equipment and services should be included in the assignment form granting access to telecommunications equipment and/or services.