Remote access to resources exclusive to users on the Georgia Tech campus network from off campus. A VPN connection securely provides a Georgia Tech IP address at a remote location, providing its user the benefits of being physically on the Georgia Tech network.
Network Availability: 24x7
Support Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM EST
The following maintenance windows are reserved for installing, repairing and patching various components of this service:
- Every Tue, 5:00AM - 7:00AM EST
- Every Thu, 5:00AM - 7:00AM EST
- The third Sat of each month, 6:00AM - 12:00PM EST
To get started configuring VPN on your device, please refer to the following FAQ article: How do I get started with the Campus VPN?
If you need further assistance, use the 'Submit Request' button above.
Please note the following points while connecting to Georgia Tech's VPN service:
- VPN will not make your connection more reliable but will provide greater security -- especially over wireless networks.
- All of your traffic will be directed through the campus network, so you may notice a performance change.
- Your Internet traffic will be subject to the Computer & Network Usage and Security Policy.
- Since your device will be taking on a Georgia Tech Internet address, it will no longer provide services to its local network.
- VPN service may be blocked by administrators of your local network, so there may be locations from which VPN access is not possible. This condition is outside of OIT's control.