All Georgia Tech users are provided access to the Microsoft 365 suite of applications.
With Microsoft 365, Georgia Tech users can access GT emails, store and share files, communicate with coworkers or students, schedule meetings, track to-do lists, and more by integrating applications and downloading them on up to five devices.
GT email address: email@example.com, Ex. "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Username: email@example.com, Ex. "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Password: Your GT Account Password (T-Square, BuzzPort, etc.)
- Who is eligible to use Microsoft 365?
- All Georgia Tech students, faculty, and staff are eligible to use Microsoft 365 for free.
- Do guests/visitors have access to Microsoft 365?
- Unfortunately, guests and visitors do not have access to the free Microsoft 365 since they do not have any GT credentials.
- How do I change my password?
- Learn more about how to create/change your Microsoft 365 password that is linked to your GT password.
- Can I download the applications to my laptop?
- Yes, you can download Microsoft 365 with all its applications to your desktop. Once downloaded, log in with your GT credentials to synchronize everything.
- How do I share a file to collaborate?
- Yes, you can share a file to collaborate with your colleagues and other GT students. Usually, the share button is on the top right of every application. You can either add the collaborator's email to the pop-up window or send the file as a pdf to the email added.
- Can I use GT OneDrive to backup my desktop?
- Yes, you can use GT OneDrive to backup all your desktop files automatically. Learn more about desktop backup.
- How long can I use Microsoft 365?
- As a student, you can use Microsoft 365 from the time you receive your Georgia Tech email to your graduation day.
- As an employer, you can use Microsoft 365 from the time you start your employment at Georgia Tech and will not expire unless their employment status changes.
- I am having issues downloading Microsoft 365. What do I do?
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that your computer does not shut down or hibernate during the installation.
- General Troubleshooting for Microsoft 365 Pro Plus installation.
- When you are installing, you receive a "Something Went Wrong?" error message.
- Visual features or video quality may differ from one computer to another in Microsoft 2016.
- What is included with Microsoft 365?
- Windows - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, and Publisher
- Mac - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote
- Microsoft 365 Mobile for iPhone - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Microsoft 365 Mobile for Android - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- What happens when I am no longer a GeorgiaTech student or graduate?
- Once you are no longer an active student, you will need to purchase a license or subscription directly from Microsoft to continue to use the programs on your devices, or you can uninstall them at that time.
- What are the different types of mailboxes available in Microsoft 365?
- There are 4 types of mailboxes:
- User Mailbox
- Shared Mailbox
- Resource Mailbox
- Service Account Mailbox
- Learn more about the types of Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
- There are 4 types of mailboxes:
- How can I enable my device/machine for sending emails?
- If you have a server or device (i.e. printer, scanner, copier) that needs to be able to send an email, we can add your hostname(s) to an Authorized Senders list on the Campus MTAs (message transfer agents).
- For further help, send a request to our support team.
- What do I do if I need a change to a mailbox's permission?
- You can request who has access to the mailbox by changing the permissions.
- What is 'Store & Forward'? How to request access to it?
- "Store and Forward" allows you to store your email messages in one mailbox while sending an additional copy of all messages to another email account
- You can request access to 'Store and Forward'.
- How can I request a new mailbox?
- How can I request a new employee account?
- The requested account has to be set up in Mage before submitting this form to request a new employee account.